- Full and comprehensive marketing of your property for maximum exposure
- Wide range of services including conveyancing, mortgage advice and surveying all under one roof
- Experienced Estate Agents with local knowledge of Retford and the surrounding areas.
Complete Marketing For Your Home
At Alexander Jacob we understand the importance of giving your home maximum exposure in the market place.
- We offer professionally designed sales and lettings particulars complete with edited colour photographs to showcase the best features of your home.
- We will give you full colour local newspaper advertising as well as full colour exposure in our branch displays.
- We arrange a full Energy Performance Certificate so you can market your house immediately.
- Once uploaded onto the system, your property will appear on the major national property portals on the web.
- Your property information will be sent out to carefully selected buyers and can also be downloaded from our website.
- We will use our extensive buyer database to automatically match your house to interested parties, they will then receive a 'new property on the market' alert by email.
- We have the knowledge and experience to highlight your property's best features to the best buyer.
- We are totally committed to you and selling your property in the best time at the best price.
Keeping You in The Loop
We value our customers’ feedback and understand it is important to be kept up to date with your property's progress.
- We promise clear and regular communication throughout your sale, with simple, honest advice you can trust.
- We identify the individual requirements of each buyer so we can match them with their perfect property.
- All of our potential buyers are contacted when a property matching their criteria comes on the market.
- Buyers get follow up calls and contact from our teams to obtain valuable feedback for you the seller.
- We arrange accompanied viewings at times to suit you and aim to give you feedback after every viewing.
Tips to Selling your Property
Remember First Impressions Really do Count
Presentation of your home both inside and out can make all the difference. Add a fresh coat of paint. Tidy the front garden and clean your front door. The inside of your house should be as clutter-free as possible. The kitchen and bathrooms are a key selling rooms, so make sure they are tidy. Check all the light bulbs are working and fix squeaky doors. List all the non-obvious things that make the property attractive, like a particularly sunny spot in the garden, friendly neighbours, good local shops. It's the small things that can really help create the best impression.
Access for Viewings
It's important that we can let people view your property at a time that's convenient for them. It helps if you give us a set of keys so we can organise accompanied viewings, leaving you free to get on with other commitments. Rest assured, we will sell the best features of your house on your behalf - it's in our interests as much as yours.
Don't worry if the first few positive viewings don't lead to a sale. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your home or the way it is presented. However, do be open to any feedback from viewings and be prepared to listen to ideas to make your property more appealing.
You don't have to accept the first offer and it is worth discussing with us whether we think more could be achieved by waiting. On the other hand, do think about what criteria might prompt you to consider offers below your asking price, such as cash buyers or chain-free buyers; a swift sale may save you money in the long run.
Be Prepared to Negotiate
For example, if you are trading up and your house is perfect for first-time buyers, be aware of how you can help them. A survey may reveal repairs that are needed which could affect the price a buyer is willing to pay. If you are concerned about such potential issues, we can help arrange an independent survey for your peace of mind.
Be Prepared to Actually Move
The excitement of accepting an offer is the start of the process of transferring the property from your ownership to your buyer. This takes several weeks. Make sure you have legal representation (we can help get you quotes to organise this), so that you can move to the stage of exchanging contracts and setting a completion date, then you are almost ready to go.