Comprehensive Marketing For Your Home
At Alexander Jacob, we understand the importance of giving your home maximum exposure in the marketplace.
- We cover the cost of your professional photography and floorplans, alongside external drone imagery if favoured
- We offer professionally designed sales particulars, highlighting the best features of your home
- We are the most digitally exposed agent in Retford, ensuring the best possible nationwide and worldwide coverage
- All listings feature in our bi-monthly Life Magazine editorials, and on our social media platforms before our ever increasing number of followers
- As proud members of The Guild of Property Professionals, a national network of Independent Estate Agents, each of our listings also regularly feature in the Guild’s Head Office display window on Park Lane, Mayfair, London
- We offer accompanied viewings six days a week, free of charge
- We use our extensive buyer database to match your property to interested parties, alerting them to your new listing
- We arrange for a ‘for sale’ board to be pitched outside your property, free of charge
- There are no upfront fees to settle, no fees at all should we not sell your property
- We are totally committed to you and selling your property as promptly as possible, at the best possible price
Keeping You In The Loop
- We promise clear and regular communication throughout your sale, with simple, honest advice you can trust
- We follow up our viewings to obtain valuable feedback for you, the seller, and aim to give you feedback after every viewing
- We can personally recommend a wide range of services to include EPC assessors, conveyancers, mortgage advisors and surveyors
Tips For Selling Your Property
First Impressions Really Do Count
Presentation of your home both inside and out can make all the difference. Add a fresh coat of paint. Tidy the front garden and clean your front door. The inside of your house should be as clutter-free as possible. The kitchen and bathrooms are key selling points, so make sure they are tidy and presentable. Check all the light bulbs are working and fix squeaky doors. List all the non-obvious things that make your property attractive, like a particularly sunny spot in the garden, friendly neighbours, and good local shops. It's the small things that can really help create the best impression.
Access For Viewings
It's important that we can let people view your property at a time that's convenient for them. If it helps, feel free to leave a set of keys with us so we can organise accompanied viewings, leaving you free to get on with other commitments. Rest assured, we will sell the best features of your house on your behalf - it's in our interests as much as yours.
Don't worry if the first few positive viewings don't lead to a sale. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your home or the way it is presented. However, do be open to any feedback from viewings and be prepared to listen to ideas to make your property more appealing.
You don't have to accept the first offer, and it is worth discussing with us whether we think more could be achieved by waiting. On the other hand, do think about what criteria might prompt you to consider offers below your asking price, such as cash buyers or chain-free buyers; a swift sale may save you money in the long run.
Be Prepared To Negotiate
A survey may reveal repairs that are needed which could affect the price a buyer is willing to pay. If you are concerned about such potential issues, we can help arrange an independent survey for your peace of mind.
The excitement of accepting an offer is the start of transferring your property from your ownership to your buyer. This takes several months. Make sure you have pro-active legal representation (we can help get you quotes to organise this), so that you can move to the stage of exchanging contracts and setting a completion date as efficiently as possible.
Need Mortgage Advice?
Are you buying or selling your home? We provide mortgage advice alongside our mortgage partners. We utilise in-depth market knowledge to give you the best advice and insights.Find out more
Read What Our
I am so pleased with the service we received from Alexander Jacob. From start to finish the support we received from them was impeccable. We felt like our move was important to the whole team and Aaron and Emily in particular were excellent. Calls were never missed, and they would always follow through with the things they said they would do. Communication is excellent and efficient and they made the stressful process of moving that much easier. Couldn’t recommend them more.
The best agent's I have dealt with,so professional and helpful, simply the best!
Can't fault Alexander Jacob as agents. Communication from Danny is 2nd to none and they've maintained & looked after my property for years. Brilliant service.
I am purchasing a house through Alexander Jacob Estate Agents and their service is second to none. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful at all stages of the transaction. Would recommend to anyone. Best agents I’ve dealt with to date.
I have sold my house with Alexander Jacob Estate agents. Rod gave me brilliant advice from the start. I have dealt with Aaron throughout and he has been fantastic, keeping me updated at every stage. Thank you.
Couldn't have found a better team to deal with the sale of my childhood home. Constant updates throughout the matter. Very professional and helpful, always willing to go that extra mile to get things done. Very happy to recommend them to anyone.