Here at Alexander Jacob Property Management Ltd we let and manage a wide variety of unfurnished & furnished properties throughout Retford, Worksop & surrounding areas. As members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) & Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) all deposits are held in designated Client Accounts and are fully secured & protected.
Our website is constantly updated with all our latest properties new onto the rental market. In order to receive a regularly updated lists of our available rental properties, please contact our office or send us an email so we can pop you on our mailing list for details of new properties to suit your specified requirements.
Below is a Tenant Procedure Guide intended as a general overview to assist you when renting a property through Alexander Jacob Property Management Ltd.
Please note that any applications put forward will not be submitted for the Landlords consideration without the Tenant/s having viewed the property in person and having seen exactly the overall condition of the property they are wishing to apply for.
YOUR APPLICATION – LET AGREED
As soon as your viewing is complete and your offer has been accepted by the Landlord, at this point we will provide you with our application pack and financial disclosure to sign & complete. You will be requested to provide an Application Fee upon returning your application form to us. In the circumstances that your references prove unsatisfactory, or you fail to disclose relevant financial information on the application form then the Application Fee would be
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
IDENTIFICATION/RIGHT TO RENT
- National Insurance Number – Compulsory
or 2 of the following
- Full driving license
- Full Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate
- Letter from the UK Government Department or Local Authority
- Utility Bill or Bank Statements from the last 3 months
We will contact your employer and your landlord. (if you are in rented accommodation already) Your previous employer will also be contacted if you have recently changed jobs. If you are self-employed, we will need to contact your accountant, if you have not yet submitted your accounts you will be required to a Guarantor in place. A thorough credit check will also be conducted.
You should note that the slow return of your references can massively hold up your application process and we would highly recommend that you warn the above individuals in advance that references are required so delays are avoided and your moving in date is not affected.
Occasionally, a GUARANTOR will be required if, for example the tenant has not been classed as full time and on a permanent employment contract. For Tenants returning from working abroad in the previous 6 months a Guarantor will be required and, in all cases, where the tenants’ income falls short of our criteria or the tenants’ employment is considered as changeable (zero-hour, temp contract).
Please note that the guarantor will be checked using the same application process as the tenants’ furthermore, the guarantor must earn a minimum £30,000 P.A. or show clear income of 3 times the equivalent yearly rent. The Guarantor must be in full time employment or be able to prove by bank statements that they have “independent means”. All tenants should be able to provide a Guarantor and should the tenant be unable to provide one, we will then decide that the tenant has withdrawn their application. The tenants’ will not be refunded the Application Fee and the property will be immediately re-listed for let.
The guarantor must be aware that they will stand as guarantor for you, (and your partner if you are moving in to the property with someone else), for the entire occupancy of the property, not just for the period of the initial tenancy term, and will in some cases pay the rent each calendar month for the duration of your occupancy at the property.
ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY AGREEMENT
An appointment will be arranged with you to visit our office to sign the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (this will take 30 minutes) when all references have been received and the application process is finished. The Landlord will have agreed all the contract information in advance and we will witness and sign on behalf of the Landlord in your presence at our office. The initial term of every contract will always be 6 months when starting a Tenancy with us.
RENT & DEPOSIT PROTECTION
You will be required to provide the agreed sum of rent and deposit before taking possession of the property.
The deposit is required for the full tenancy against loss, damage, dilapidation or charges payable at the termination of the tenancy. The Deposit amount will always be clearly shown on all advertised listings, across our website and clearly visible on our Tenant Procedure Forms. The deposit will be held by either the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) or the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) and is fully bonded. It is returnable in full at the end of the tenancy subject to the final inspection of the property and it should be noted that deductions will be made for cleaning, removal of items/furniture and the maintenance of the garden/s should the property not be left as per the original schedule of conditions and inventory you sign at the start of the agreement.
Rent is to be paid monthly in advance commencing on the first day of the tenancy and then collected 6 days prior to the lease date each month thereafter, ensuring the rent is never late to your landlord. The preferred method is by bank standing order but cash payments can be made and a receipt provided.
We charge a Single Application Fee of £180 Including VAT and we charge a Joint Application Fee of £234.00 Including VAT which is non-refundable, when a tenancy is refused on the grounds of references or if the tenant withdraws from taking the property. The Guarantor Application Fee is £60 inclusive of VAT which is only charged if your application requires one. A fee of £42 including VAT is charged to the tenant for renewal of all fixed term tenancies.
Company applications are accepted where the company will be paying the rent. The fee is £200 including VAT. Please note that all monies must be paid on the signing of the agreement/application prior to the occupation and should be paid in by online bank transfer.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- The Tenant will be responsible for insuring their own belongings within the property and outbuildings/sheds/garages.
- The Tenant will take over all utilities such as Gas, Electricity, Water/Sewage charges, Council Tax & Telephone upon moving into the property and will be responsible for contacting the relevant suppliers accordingly prior to commencement of the tenancy. We will not enter into any dispute with utility companies at any time.
- Gas Safety checks will be carried out annually where applicable by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer and are a Legal Requirement.
- The Landlord is responsible for any repair/maintenance problems to appliances etc. but the Tenant is responsible for any breakages which should be reported to the office via email or phone immediately.
- Decoration of the property must only be done with your Landlord’s written permission and a member of staff will be required to visit the property upon completion to check the overall standard and update the inventory.
- No pets are allowed unless the Landlord has given written signed consent.
- 48 Hours reasonable notice should be given in the event that the we need to inspect the property outside pre-agreed times. It is usual for the Agent to inspect the property at the 4 month mark during a 6 month Assured Shorthold Tenancy and the Tenancy Agreement reflects this.
- Most initial lets are for 6 months, although some Landlords may consider longer terms of 12,18, 24 months and this will be agreed beforehand.
- We work towards having all Deposits returned to our clients and accounts finalised within 10 working days of the final inspection having taken place but in some cases it can take up to 30 days to complete the whole process.
- Alexander Jacob Property Management will deal with the property viewings, references, agreements and getting you moved in. If the agent has been instructed to manage the property partly or fully, then you will normally report any repairs or queries to them unless otherwise informed.
We feel you are entitled to a professional and helpful service and, as such, Alexander Jacob Property Management (British Property Awards, Retford Gold Winner, Estate Agent of the Year 2018) is a member of a The Property Ombudsman Lettings, The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) & The Deposit Protection Service (DPS) and holds Client Money Protection Insurance. We are proud members of the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) and the The Guild of Property Professionals.
This ensures that professional standards are constantly met, we use the most up to date correct Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements, all our property procedures and internal forms/documents are audited and correct. We have measures in place for reporting and dealing with repairs quickly and efficiently and our property safety checks/reports are conducted by competent members of staff. We offer award winning services alongside our expert local knowledge and strive to constantly improve and better ourselves within our dedicated Lettings Team.